The red poppy has become a symbol of Memorial Day thanks to VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars). Here is a quick and easy project to make your own tissue paper poppies for your home.
1. Cut your tissue paper into 4 inch squares and fold them into quarters.
2. Fold it further diagonally from the center corner, and cut a round corner to make the curved petals.
3. Unfold your paper, you should have a circle with a scalloped edge.
4. Poke a green pipe cleaner through the center of your flower to make a stem.
5. Curl the top end of the pipe cleaner to make the poppy's center and so it won't slip off.
6. (optional) Put a dab of glue under the flower where the pipe cleaner goes through to secure it.
Yay! Now you have a beautiful home made tissue paper poppy to decorate your home or give to a loved one. If you want more information about them, you can visit www.cal-mum.com and find out more about Memorial Day Buddy Poppies.I also made a printable PDF copy of these instructions for you. The Memorial Day Poppy craft project PDF can be downloaded here.
Mom's Craft Ideas of the Month E-zine
Mom's E-zine has a reminder of upcoming holidays, site news, and ideas for a few crafts that aren't on the site.
If you missed an issue or just want to check it out before signing up, see:
Are you and your kids enjoying all these great craft ideas?
If so, you might like to buy Mom a beverage to help her do all this hard work.
Proud Affiliate of: